Thursday, March 18, 2010

week 10

I have been so exhausted this week. I feel like I have lost all energy. I am really starting to feel like going home and now that I know it is approaching I am just anxious about it. We had a four day week since on Wednesday there was a Lenten retreat for the teachers. This week I am teaching a math unit on plane shapes. The children already know many of these shapes which are circle, rectangle, square, triangle, diamond, star,semi circle and kite. So on Monday I just drew each shape and reviewed with them. Then I had the children come up and match the word to the picture of the shape. For the homework assignment they just named each shape and for classwork they practiced drawing the shapes in their math workbooks. On Tuesday the students did phonics and learned 3 letter words with short vowel 'o'. I created their homework and classwork for this lesson. They just had to fill in missing letters to make short vowel 'o' words. Today the students had math again, and they just went more in depth with their descriptions of the shapes. This time for homework they had to draw each shape under the given name. For Friday, I plan to do a making words activity with them so they can start sounding out each letter to make words. The students will get cut outs of different letters. Then I will say a word out loud and the students will have to make the words.

This weekend I just plan to finish up with some shopping and maybe visit the top university in Ghana. I am also learning how to cook more of the meals here so I can make them at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment